Immigration Waivers

If you have been deported or removed from the United States, you may need a waiver of the prior deportation, colloquially referred to as an I-212 waiver, to return.

Depending on how long ago you or a loved one was deported, a waiver may be needed. Waivers are generally required for both nonimmigrants who seek to enter the U.S. to visit for temporary employment and immigrants who seek to live and work here permanently.

One way to respond to deportation is to obtain a waiver. If you are facing removal or immigration authorities have indicated that you will be barred from entering the U.S., we will help you to obtain the appropriate waiver:

  • Inadmissibility Waivers – we can ask the court to allow you entry despite the existence of inadmissibility factors.
  • Removability waivers – we can ask the court to let you remain in the United States even if you committed a removable violation.

Provisional waivers will not change the legal status of the individual filing for the waiver, nor will the waiver protect individuals from being deported or incurring any other penalty associated with being in the country illegally.

While there have been many favorable developments in U.S. immigration policy recently, including the provisional immigration waiver and deferred action programs, the process is still complicated. We are committed to assisting you in navigating these procedures.

Contact the Cumbas Law Group Today!

Contact our experienced immigration lawyers today at (210) 739-6070 for a creative solution to your complicated immigration status.

Scroll to Top