Work Permit

Work Permit Attorney
San Antonio, Texas

If you are not a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., you must obtain permission to work legally in the United States.

A work permit is not the same as a visa. Work permits are actual cards that must be obtained while some other application is being processed.

For instance, you may be waiting on a green card application, or for cancellation of removal to take effect, or for the USCIS to evaluate your asylum request. Until these cases are resolved, you may not take a job of any kind unless you obtain a temporary work permit, also known as an Employment Authorization Document card.

There are numerous types of visas available to work in the United States. Some of them include but are not limited to:

  • H-1B visas for professional employees
  • H-2 visas for nonimmigrant unskilled workers
  • B-1 visas allowing short-term entry
  • TN visas for Mexican or Canadian professionals with sponsors in the U.S.
  • L-1 visas for executives and managers transferring from other countries

Contact San Antonio Immigration Attorneys

Our experienced immigration lawyers can help make sure that you apply for the right work permit or visa, that it’s properly documented, and that any complications or problems are promptly addressed.

Schedule your consultation today by calling (210) 739-6070.

Scroll to Top